The best method for systemic detoxification in my experience is called the Master Cleanse. It cleanses and detoxifies the brain, organs, and other systems to enable the removal of mucous, crystallization of toxins, and other forms of toxicity.
The build-up of toxins and mucous are created by improper dietary and sleep habits, and they produce congestion and blockages within the body. The removal of these toxins and mucous allows us to properly process the food we eat and get the best nutritional value from it, reduce cravings for mucous-producing foods and other substances that harm the body, and clarify our thought and emotional processes.
Without giving our bodies a chance to cleanse themselves and heal, it is like spraying Lysol on our household garbage daily instead of taking it out to the curb for removal.
Recipe for the Master Cleanse:
- Prepare a food substitute to use for at least 10 days.
- The master cleanser is the best method for fat dissolution, mucous and toxin elimination. Mix 10 oz of clean water with 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp B grade maple syrup (found at health food stores), 1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- Drink from 6 to 12 glasses of this mixture daily, with a small intake of water. The more weight loss required, the more of the mixture is necessary.
- Each evening before bed, drink 1 cupful of herbal laxative tea.
- Each morning, either repeat the laxative tea, or alternate the morning routine with 1 quart lukewarm clean water with 1 tsp. non-iodized sea salt. This is a digestive wash for the entire digestive system. The next hour will produce several trips to the bathroom for elimination of wastes that have accumulated throughout the digestive system.
- At least once or twice during the cleanse, a coffee enema would be useful to help support the liver in the detoxing process.
Results to expect:
- More eliminative trips to the toilet. If you are not doing this, you are not drinking enough lemonade, or not doing the tea and salt water, or the liver is overwhelmed (use a coffee enema).
- Some aches and pains in the body (like the flu), muscle aches, headaches, and tiredness may occur during the first couple of days. This is due to the throwing off of toxicity, and will discontinue in a short time. The coffee enema also helps speed this process up.
- A coated, white, kind of furry tongue. These are toxins rising to the surface to be eliminated. When the tongue clears, it is a good indication of the completion of the cleanse.
- Increased mucous and other secretions from the body from nearly every orifice may occur and is completely normal.
Breaking the fast:
It is very important to reintroduce food slowly to avoid shocking the body and creating digestive problems that are hard to heal.
- Day 1 and 2 following the completion of the cleanse, consume as much orange juice and water as desired.
- On the third day, make a vegetable soup of any desired vegetables in water and vegetable stock. Take mostly broth and orange juice, as much as desired.
- Subsequent days, only eat when hungry, avoid snacks, and chew food very well.
This cleanse can be done 2-3 times per year to cleanse and purify body and mind. When done correctly, a weight loss of two pounds per day is typical.